After I participated in the Bloggiesta-weekend last January I wrote in my Bloggiesta finish post that decided to have a Bloggiesta-day every month. But I changed my mind the moment I heard of this project.
A little copy/paste from the ‘about the BIP’ page:
The 2010 Blog Improvement Project is a year-long blogging challenge co-hosted by Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness and Jackie at Farm Lane Books Blog. The BIP will consist of twice-monthly activities to improve your blog. Every first and third Monday of the month there will be an activity posted on this blog that will related in some way to making your blog better. Each participant should spend the next two weeks focusing on that aspect of their blog. Possible topics include goals setting, writing better content, building community with readers, getting more readers, and blog layout and design.
So I will have my Bloggiesta-day not once, but twice a month and the tag will be BIP2010.
The first week’s BIP2010task is to create a blogging To-Do list. Well luckely for me, I already have a list with some “left overs” from the Bloggiesta weekend.
Here’s my list again, with the things we have done crossed off:
update WordPress (and make a back-up) write a review on Terry Pratchett’s The colour of magic
- make pictures (or find them on the web) of all TP books I have (beause I’m going to read a lot of them this year)
with a little help from dan_e (my BF) try to get Disqus workingWe did not work it out, but I’m happy the way my comments look now with the gravatars and all I want another share-this thingy visit blogs and leave comments
- find books for the Whats in a Name challenge
make a plan about Blogging Challenges, The Sunday Salon, Booking Through Thusday etc. Get some structure in posting blogs and plan them in my calender and ToDo applications create an index page for books I read and reviewed and an index page for knitted items (with links to the blog posts) plan a Bloggiesta day (or weekend) for myself once a month
There is not much left but still enough. I will make a new list ( I so love making lists and Things To Do gadgets) and post it here:
- write book reviews as soon as I finished a book; reserve time in it for my schedule
- Make the pictures, find them of those TP-books, but also of other books I plan to read. Start collecting url’s for the reviews
- still have to find those WiaN-titles.. and start reading them too
- I did cross off the make in knitting index page, but I will have another look at it, as well as the cross stitch updates. Maybe add some pictures too
- visit blogs and leave comments
- I am certainly going to study and use some of the 50 ways to take your blog to the next level.
I unstrike this because its an ongoing thing to do
I am sure this list will change during the BIP2010. Items will be crossed off, and knowing me, items will be add or changed. I am also planning on learning PHP and MySQL this year.
vertaling komt eraan..